The Congregation of Richmond’s First Baptist Church meets on Wednesday Evenings for food and fellowship. After supper is served, our evenings feature engaging guest speakers and programs that supplement our Sunday morning worship. Youth Group activities and choir practices are also held. Child care is available after supper.
- Supper Served 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. - Flamming Hall
- Prayer Time 6:00 p.m. - 6:15 p.m. - Flamming Hall
- Small Groups (discipleship, missional, interest) 6:15 - 7:15 p.m.
- Catalyst Prayer - Adams Room 6:00 p.m.
- TOGETHER on Wednesdays Program (see below) 6:15 - 7:00 p.m.
- Youth Activities (grades 6-12) 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- Children's Choirs (3 years - 5th grade) 6:00 - 6:45 p.m.
- Children's Missions (3 years - 5th grade) 6:45 - 7:30 p.m.
- Church Choir Rehearsal 7:15 - 8:45 p.m.
The food service team serves supper in Flamming Hall on Wednesdays from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
There will be no Wednesday night meals in August due to scheduled building cleanup.
- Adult meal/salad bar - $6.00
- Snack meal - $4.00
- Family maximum - $18.00 (living in same household)
Please call for reservations and dietary needs at 355-8637.
- We serve iced tea and decaffeinated coffee with these meals. Unsweetened tea is on the serving line; sweetened tea is available on request.
- Weekly option: salad bar with dessert and beverage included
Worship & Programs
Our TOGETHER on Wednesdays programs are from 6:15 to 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
There will be no Wednesday night activities in August due to scheduled building cleanup.
Thinking About God Series
“God wants me to try harder. God blesses me when I’m good and punishes me when I’m bad. God is angry at me.” We all have ideas we tell ourselves about God and how he works in our lives. Could it be those thoughts determine not only who we are, but how we live? Join Dr. Somerville and associate ministers Turner, Thompson and Starling as they share how their understanding of God has developed over the years and challenges us to look at our own understanding of the character of God to see if it matches up with what Jesus reveals about God.
- September 5 - Thinking About God – Jim Somerville
- September 12 - Week of Prayer for Virginia Baptist Missions speaker
- September 19 - Thinking About God: God Is Good - Lynn Turner
- September 26 - Thinking About God: God is Generous - Robert Thompson
- October 3 - Thinking About God: God is Love – Ralph Starling
- October 10 - The Physician Within – Health Matters: Why?
- October 17 - Culture Competence: What is it? - Karen Shelton Williams, guest workshop leader
- October 24 - For the Bible Tells Me So - Jim Somerville
- October 31 - Quarterly Business Meeting and New Member Celebration
- November 7 - Rev. Nathan Taylor, Executive Director, Virginia Baptist Historical Society
- November 14 - The Problem with Charity - Steve Blanchard
- November 20 (Tuesday) - Thanksgiving Meal and Service (No Wednesday night supper or activities)
- November 28 - Advent Contemplative Service
- December 5 - Week of Prayer for International and Global Missions speaker
- December 12 - First Family Around the Fireplace Christmas Celebration
- December 19 - Service of Remembrance, Chapel (No Supper or other activities)
- December 26 - No Supper or Activities