The Student Ministry at Richmond’s First Baptist Church exists to form students in the image of Christ for the sake of others. Our year is highlighted by Fall Retreats, the Christmas Pageant, DiscipleNow Weekend, Mission Trips and Passport Camps. These annual events are anchored by weekly activities that teach, equip, build community, provide opportunities for service and connect students to the larger church family. Our diverse community represents more than 40 area Middle and High Schools in the Richmond region.
The Student Ministry is led by 36 volunteer adult leaders, a Student Ministry Team, a Youth Council and Interim Minister to Students Ann Carter. Please join us! All students (and their parents) are welcome! If you have any questions, please email Ann.
Activity Schedule (Grades 6 & 7)
- 9:45 - 10:45 a.m. Sunday Morning Bible Study, Suite LL (Lower Level) 18
- 4:45 - 5:45 p.m. The Messengers Youth Choir Rehearsal, Choir Suite LL10
- 5:40 - 6:00 p.m. Snack Supper, Suite LL35
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Y1 Connect, a fun, hands on, active continuation of Sunday Morning Bible Study Suite LL18
- 6:00 - 6:30 p.m. Y1 Adventure, quality time together in the midst of a busy week, LL18
- 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Y1 Choice, exploring gifts, talents and interests; finding creative ways to join God’s work in the world, LL18
We designed the Youth 1 student ministry for students in Grades 6 & 7 at First Baptist specifically for this age group as we actively explore how God is at work in our world and how our faith intersects our everyday lives. We spend time each week focusing on three things:
- Exploring all of scripture through a two year curriculum that takes us through the Old and New Testament as we learn how God’s story fits together as a whole;
- Engaging God’s story by becoming equipped to actively participate in God’s story today.
- Joining God’s work in the world by discovering our unique gifts and using them to serve God, our church and our community.
Our weekly time together builds and reinforces the community we find in Christ and his church. It is through these relationships that we experience God and find encouragement and strength to go out into the world to live out God’s story in our own spheres of influence.
For more information about Youth 1 contact Ann Carter, Interim Minister to Students.
Activity Schedule (Grades 8-12)
- 9:45 - 10:45 a.m. Bible Studies, Third Floor
- 4:00 - 4:45 p.m. Youth Ensemble or Girls' Ensemble, Choir Suite LL10
- 4:45 - 5:45 p.m. Youth Choir, Choir Suite LL10
- 5:45 - 6:00 p.m. Snack Supper, Suite LL35
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Small Groups, Third Floor
- 6:00 - 6:30 p.m. Half Time, Suite 300
- 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Creative Teams
Youth 2 offers students (from 8th grade through 12th grade) a place to develop meaningful relationships with God, with other students, and with caring adults. We worship God, meet together often and study God’s word. We take time to get to know one another, celebrating our relationship with God and our friendships with each other, learning to love one another in real ways within God’s love. We support and encourage our youths’ parents. Noticing the people around us who need help, and then helping them, is important to us. Our adult leaders coach us to live life to the fullest and help us to learn and practice spiritual disciplines, realizing and experiencing God’s love.
- 9:45 - 10:45 p.m.– Bible Studies, Pusey House, 1st Floor (2705 Park Avenue, behind main church building)
- 7:45 p.m.– Group Meeting, Third Floor
- Times and locations during the summer are subject to change.
The college-age ministry provides Bible study, faith formation and fellowship opportunities for college-age young adults, including those who have graduated from the youth ministry and students attending local colleges seeking an academic-year faith community.
The ministry is designed for young adults who have not found their professional career path and are seeking fellowship and study opportunities that apply scripture and faith principles to the transitional period between school and work lives. The college-age ministry meets on Sunday mornings for fellowship and Bible study and on Wednesday evenings for prayer, fellowship and faith application discussions.
For more information about Youth 2 or College contact Ann Carter, Interim Minister to Students.