FLO (For Ladies Only)
For Ladies Only (FLO) focuses on fellowship, bible study and special events for women of all ages and at all stages of life. All ladies are welcome.
Who is FLO?
- She is single, married, divorced and widowed.
- She has a career, is a full time homemaker, and is retired.
- She has no kids, grown kids, grandkids, preschoolers, and teenagers.
- She is 25, 91 and every age in between.
- She is a new Christian and has served God for decades.
- She is not perfect, but she eagerly seeks the God who is.
- She is alive and well at FBC and we would love to include you in some or all of our women’s fellowships and Bible studies.
Bible Study Opportunities
Monday Morning Bible Study, 9:30 a.m., Suite 280, Led by Bev Carroll
- You Don't Have to Prove Anything. Jesus Has Already Proven Everything. by Jennie Allen through February 12
Book is $13.
Too many of us walk through life feeling as if we don't measure up. We always seem to thirst for more. We think if we could only work harder or be better, we could be enough. But the truth is, we will never be enough. And thankfully, we don't have to be.
In this study, Jennie Allen walks through key passages in the Book of John to demonstrate how only Jesus is enough. We don't have to prove anything because Jesus has already proven everything. Discover how our thirsty hearts can only be quenched by the Living Water.
- Daniel by Beth Moore – a 12-week study begins February 19
The prophet Daniel faced unbelievable pressures—to compromise his faith, to live in a hostile culture, and to confront temptations and threats. Today, believers face many of the same trials. This study examines how believers can develop integrity in our modern-day Babylon, and then explores prophecies from the time of Daniel through the second coming of Christ.
Childcare is provided for Monday morning Bible study by advance registration only. Please register your child by contacting Suzanne Mason. Childcare is $5 per child per session, $8 per family. Money is collected at the end of each month.
Travel with FLO to Lancaster, Pennsylvania September 14-15, 2018 to see the theatrical production Jesus. Both men and women are welcome.
Make checks payable to First Baptist Church. Memo: FLO/JESUS. $50.00 deposit due by Thursday, February 1, 2018. Please return this information sheet and registration form to Martha Smith’s mailbox, located in the main office, along with your $50.00 deposit. Contact Sandra Harris with questions.
WAWA at FLO
Widows and Women (Caregivers) Alone is designed for women who are widowed or are caring for spouses who are terminally/chronically ill. Its purpose is to support and encourage those who are experiencing this “alone” time. Meetings are held once a month, and include luncheons, dinners, major community events, and other activities as they may be of interest to the group.
The monthly meeting includes a brief devotion and prayer time, lunch or dinner, and sharing of interests and fun time. Reservations are requested, and may be directed to Maureen Lipford 270-1264. Your comments and questions are welcome. Please remember to make reservations!
If you want to carpool, or have any questions, please let Maureen know when you call or email your reservation. We look forward to lunches and chats.
- Tuesday, February 20, 11:45 a.m. - Positive Vibe Café, 2825 Hathaway Road
- Tuesday, March 20, 11:45 a.m. - Red Lobster, 8009 West Broad Street
- Tuesday, April 17, 11:45 a.m. - Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens, 1800 Lakeside Avenue