The Congregation of Richmond's First Baptist Church meets on Wednesday Evenings for food and fellowship. After supper is served, our evenings feature engaging guest speakers and programs that supplement our Sunday morning worship. Youth Group activities and choir practices are also held. Child care is available after supper.
- Supper 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Prayer Time 6:00 p.m.
- Program 6:15 p.m. in Flamming Hall
- Youth Activities 6:00 - 6:30 p.m.
- Children's Choirs 6:00 - 6:45 p.m.
- Child Care 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- TOGETHER on Wednesdays Program 6:15 - 7:00 p.m.
- Youth Activities 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Children's Missions 6:45 - 7:30 p.m.
- Adult Choir 7:15 - 8:45 p.m.
The food service team serves supper in Flamming Hall on Wednesdays from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.April 19, 2017
- Breaded Flounder
- Rice Pilaf
- Broccoli Slaw
- Choice of Dessert: Peach Bread Pudding, Key Lime Pie, Cookies or Fruit Cup
Snack Meal: Cheeseburger, Corn, Diced Peaches, Dessert off line
April 26, 2017
- Open-Faced Turkey Sandwich with Gravy
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans Amandine
- Chocolate Éclair Cake, Cookies or Fruit Cup
Snack Meal: Chicken Tenders (3) Green Beans, Applesauce, Dessert off the line
Weekly Option: Salad bar including beverage and dessert
- Adult meal/salad bar - $6.00
- Snack meal - $4.00
- Family maximum - $18.00 (living in same household)
Please call for reservations and dietary needs at 355-8637.
- We serve iced tea and decaffeinated coffee with these meals. Unsweetened tea is on the serving line; sweetened tea is available on request.
- An alternate to the snack meal is a peanut butter sandwich, milk or juice.
- Weekly option: salad bar with dessert and beverage included
Worship & Programs
Our TOGETHER on Wednesdays programs are from 6:15 to 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
April 19 - Quarterly Business Meeting and New Member Celebration, 6:15 p.m. in Flamming Hall
April & May Small Groups
Please choose to attend one of the following small groups:
- Tax Benefits of Charitable Giving (April 19 only)
While the ideal motivations for donating to charity should be faith and/or altruism, you should know that great tax benefits exist for those who give. Come learn about six of the latest and best strategies to help your giving go farther, costing you less for the same size (or larger) gift. Leader: Jody Bruce; Location: 280B
- Protecting Yourself the Right Way (April 26 only)
Understanding Your Personal Insurance
Personal insurance is the biggest way to protect yourself from financial ruin yet almost no one understands it. This class will run through the basics of Auto, Home, Landlord, Flood and other topics without the pressure of a sales pitch. Along with basics, we will cover why you need each coverage, common pitfalls, and FAQs. Leader: Sean Rodgers; Location: 280B
- Bound to Be Free (April 26, May 3 and May 10)
An Introduction to Family Systems: How Emotions Work in Relationships
Emotions are an important and often determinative part of all of our lives and interactions. This group will explore ways to function in emotionally healthy ways in all of our relationships. Leader: Phil Mitchell; Location: 280K
- Praying with Scripture (April 26 & May 3 only)
Join spiritual director Kay Smith as she leads participants in exploring scripture and its truth through all five senses. Leader: Kay Smith; Location: Suite 240H
- From Paul: To Rome with Faith and Love (April 26, May 3 and May 10)
A brief overview of Paul's magnum opus on grace, salvation and justification. Specifically, how we can live in the grace of Christ in the midst of a turbulent world. Open to everyone.
- April 26: Romans 1-3
- May 3: Romans 4-7
- May 10: Romans 9-16
- Theological Reflection for Men (April 26, May 3 and May 10)
Sin on the Light Side: A Study of C.S. Lewis’ “The Screwtape Letters”
Men are invited to join Steve Booth, Associate Pastor for Christian Formation, in a continued study of “The Screwtape Letters”, C.S. Lewis’ classic work on the human condition. Through the use of humor, and speaking through the advice of letters of Screwtape, the demon undersecretary, C. S. Lewis explores the human condition of sin and how it relates to our relationship with the Creator God. Leader: Steve Booth; Location: 280D
- Women’s Bible Study (April 19, 26, May 3 and May 10)
God Chooses People Like You
Women in their 20s and 30s are invited to join Bev Carroll in exploring the challenges of insecurity, fear, heartbreak, and shame. Leader: Bev Carroll; Location: 280H