The Congregation of Richmond's First Baptist Church meets on Wednesday Evenings for food and fellowship. After supper is served, our evenings feature engaging guest speakers and programs that supplement our Sunday morning worship. Youth Group activities and choir practices are also held. Child care is available after supper.
- Supper 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Prayer Time 6:00 p.m.
- Program 6:15 p.m. in Flamming Hall
- Youth Activities 6:00 - 6:30 p.m.
- Children's Choirs 6:00 - 6:45 p.m.
- Child Care 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- TOGETHER on Wednesdays Program 6:15 - 7:00 p.m.
- Youth Activities 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Children's Missions 6:45 - 7:30 p.m.
- Adult Choir 7:15 - 8:45 p.m.
The food service team serves supper in Flamming Hall on Wednesdays from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
March 22, 2017
- Baked Spaghetti
- Garden Salad
- Italian Bread
- Choice of Dessert: Exquisite Pie, Chocolate Pie, Cookies, or Fruit Cup
Snack Meal: Chicken Drumstick, Green Beans, Applesauce, Dessert off the line
March 29, 2017
- Baked Potato Bar & Salad Bar with all the Trimmings
- Choice of Dessert: Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie or Fruit Cup
Snack Meal: Corn Dog, Macaroni and Cheese, Grapes, Dessert off the line
Weekly Option: Salad bar including beverage and dessert
- Adult meal/salad bar - $6.00
- Snack meal - $4.00
- Family maximum - $18.00 (living in same household)
Please call for reservations and dietary needs at 355-8637.
- We serve iced tea and decaffeinated coffee with these meals. Unsweetened tea is on the serving line; sweetened tea is available on request.
- An alternate to the snack meal is a peanut butter sandwich, milk or juice.
- Weekly option: salad bar with dessert and beverage included
Worship & Programs
Our TOGETHER on Wednesdays programs are from 6:15 to 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
Please see the bottom of the Christian Formation page for audio recordings of the January Bible Study.
March 8 - April 5, Journey to the Cross, 6:15 - 7:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary
Pastor Jim Somerville will lead worship on the theme of The Way of Transformation: No One Stays the Same. Please see the Lent page for more information.
April 12 - No dinner or program
Thursday April 13 - Maundy Thursday Service, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.,
Following dinner from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. in Flamming Hall, a Communion and Tenebrae service takes place in the Sanctuary. We observe a special Communion service on Maundy Thursday in memory of Jesus’ Last Supper with His disciples. Jesus washed the disciples’ feet as an act of humility and service, thereby setting an example that we should love and serve one another in humility.
Wednesday reservations and prices apply for dinner. Please pay at the door.
April 19 - Quarterly Business Meeting and New Member Celebration, 6:15 p.m. in Flamming Hall