The Congregation of Richmond's First Baptist Church meets on Wednesday Evenings for food and fellowship. After supper is served, our evenings feature engaging guest speakers and programs that supplement our Sunday morning worship. Youth Group activities and choir practices are also held.
Regular Wednesday night childcare will resume in the fall. Childcare for choir rehearsal only will continue for the summer schedule. If there is a need for childcare on Wednesday nights that arises during June & July please let Suzanne Mason know in advance.
- Supper 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Prayer Time 6:00 p.m.
- Program 6:15 p.m. in Flamming Hall
- Youth Activities 6:00 - 6:30 p.m.
- Children's Choirs 6:00 - 6:45 p.m.
- Child Care 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- TOGETHER on Wednesdays Program 6:15 - 7:00 p.m.
- Youth Activities 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Children's Missions 6:45 - 7:30 p.m.
- Adult Choir 7:15 - 8:45 p.m.
The food service team serves supper in Flamming Hall on Wednesdays from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Taco Salad Bar with Beef and all the Trimmings (full Salad Bar not available)
- Choice of Dessert: Chocolate Meringue Pie, Lemon Meringue Pie, Cookies or Fruit Cup
- No Meal VBS Week
- Swiss Burger on a Bun
- Lettuce and Sliced Tomato
- Onion Rings
- Banana Split
- Chicken Salad Cold Plate
- Potato Salad
- Broccoli Cranberry Salad
- Tomato Wedges/Lettuce
- Soft Roll
- Strawberry Shortcake
- All Beef Hot Dog with all the Toppings
- Crinkle Fries
- Sherbet Cup
- No Salad Bar this Week
- Fish Sandwich
- Lettuce and Sliced Tomato
- Macaroni Salad
Weekly Option: Salad bar including beverage and dessert (Except the week of July 19)
Snack Meals available on request: Grilled Cheese or Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
- Adult meal/salad bar - $6.00
- Snack meal - $4.00
- Family maximum - $18.00 (living in same household)
Please call for reservations and dietary needs at 355-8637.
- We serve iced tea and decaffeinated coffee with these meals. Unsweetened tea is on the serving line; sweetened tea is available on request.
- An alternate to the snack meal is a peanut butter sandwich, milk or juice.
- Weekly option: salad bar with dessert and beverage included
Worship & Programs
Our TOGETHER on Wednesdays programs are from 6:15 to 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
June 21 - “Dealing with Life...When It Ain't So Good” series – Kathy Berry, Memory Loss Chaplain, Westminster Canterbury, When You Love Someone with Alzheimer’s
Gain insight and guidance in your journey with loved ones and friends diagnosed with dementia, specifically Alzheimer’s.
June 28 - NO activities - VBS
July 5 - Religious Liberty: For All People or Only for a Few?
Join us on July 5, at 6:15 p.m. in Flamming Hall as we continue the celebration of our country’s independence. Dr. Phyllis Rodgerson-Pleasants,John Loftis Professor of Church History, Retired, will lead us in affirming the commitment of early colonial Baptists in lobbying Virginia state leaders like James Madison to champion legislation assuring the historic key “freedom for religion” for all. Opportunities for questions and table discussion and the singing of several hymns acknowledging our thanks for our religious liberty will be part of the evening.
July 12 - Dealing with Life series – “When You Love Someone with Mental Illness” – Marie Parker, FBC member and National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) FaithNet Speaker
July 19 - “Yes, You Can Use the Church Website!” – Alice Brette, Digital Content Specialist
The church website is the information hub of the church, and you can use it even if you’ve never used the internet before, or don’t have access at home. Bring your laptop, tablet, smart phone (if you have one) or even just yourself. Get connected, learn all about our church website and discover free resources for learning basic computer skills. Get all your questions about our website answered, and put your fears to rest.
July 26 - Quarterly Business Meeting and New Member Celebration