How can you know if Sunday worship services, Sunday school, Wednesday night activities and other activities have been cancelled when there's bad weather?
The fastest and most reliable way to get that information is by checking the homepage or by calling the church at (804) 355-8637.
Here’s how the process works:
- A decision about the 8:30 a.m. Sunday worship service and Sunday school will be made by 6:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
- If the decision is made to cancel the early worship service and Sunday school, that information will be posted on the church web site and recorded on the church phone greeting immediately.
- Every effort will be made to have the 11 a.m. worship service. But if extreme circumstances make cancellation of that service necessary, it will be announced on the website and by phone early Sunday morning.
- Depending upon the severity of the weather, a decision about Sunday afternoon and evening activities may be delayed until later Sunday morning. If that's the case, the closing information will be posted on the website and recorded on the phone greeting.
- Closing information is also available on the local TV stations. However, sometimes that information is delayed, due to the large number or churches calling in to report their closings.
The same process is used for closing decisions during the week, although the time schedule obviously varies depending upon the situation.