Worship services are streamed live on Sundays at 8:30 and 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. The WebClass Bible Study, a live, interactive Bible Study begins Sundays at 10:00 a.m.
Are You a Microchurch?
If you meet with a group of friends, family, or neighbors to watch our broadcast on WRIC TV8 or our live webcast, that's what we call a Microchurch.
- Download the (mobile friendly) bulletin.
- Make a donation with our Online Giving service.
- Interact with our live WebClass by sending in your comments (WebClass@FBCRichmond.org)
- Watch previous sermons, musical pieces and WebClass discussions on Vimeo. Sermons are also available on YouTube and as podcast. Read last Sunday's sermon.
WebClass Bible Study Resources for July 5, 2015
The summer is flying by. This Sunday we will be looking at Paul's letter we know as Ephesians.
- Even though we know we shouldn't, what are some things that we put our faith in besides God?
- Why is money a tempting to place to put our trust in?
Watch the clip "Woman Discovers Cash From Bank Is Radioactive" from GeoBeats.
- So what would you do if all your money was radioactive or worthless to you?
- Have you ever received an inheritance?
- Were you expecting the inheritance or was it a surprise?
- Do you have specific things that you want to pass on to the next generation?
An inheritance is something passed on to us that we did not earn. The person who owned it probably did the work for it and then passed it on to someone in the next generation in the hopes it would be appreciated. When Paul began his letter to the church at Ephesus, he was overwhelmed by the belief that God included us in Christ's inheritance.
Read Ephesians 1:1-14.
- What is "every spiritual blessing?"
- Do you feel blessed with "every spiritual blessing?"
- Why is that so hard for us to feel blessed with EVERY spiritual blessing?
- Are these blessings that we receive when we die or can we have them now? Explain.
- What are some heavenly blessings that we can enjoy now?
The Hebrew tradition regarding blessings is that God gives them to us so that we may bless others. This was integral to Abraham's call, "I will bless you...and in you all the families of the earth will be blessed." (Gen. 12:3)
- How do we share our blessings?
- What does "chosen" or "special" mean to you in terms of relationship with God?
Watch the clip "One Act of Random Kindness" from the movie Evan Almighty.
- Have you ever wondered why God would choose you?
- What specific task might God chose you for?
- How might God's call be different from the plans you have for yourself?
- Do you feel chosen or special? What would make you feel special or chosen?
- What does it mean to be adopted by God?
- How do you explain predestination?
- What does it mean to be predestined by God?
- How does the idea of God choosing you impact your faith? Why?
- Is it reassuring that we have access to all mysteries and God’s will? What does that mean to you?
- How do we gain access to God's will?
- What can we do to remember that each day?
- In what kind of practical ways can you show God’s love to people you come into contact with this week?
- Do you ever feel like an inner voice of doubt is speaking directly to you?
Watch the clip "A Day With The Chatterbox" from Elevation Church.
- Where do our negative thoughts come from?
- Are there times when they seem to greet us every morning?
- Could it mean that we are valuable in Christ and evil is trying to slow us down?
- What would it look like if you punched the doubts in your life right in the face?
- Do you know God has equipped you win the battle over your doubts on a daily basis?
- How can we embrace our heavenly inheritance in the face of doubts and fear of daily life?
- What gift of the Spirit will the next generation need?
What is it that you have inherited from God that you want to see passed on?
A native of Virginia, Kathy Thompson is the daughter of a Baptist minister. She also married a Baptist minister! She and her husband, Robert, live in Ashland, Virginia where he recently retired as Pastor of the First Baptist Church of Ashland, where they served for 20 years. Kathy was active in the music department at First Baptist and taught Sunday School for many years. A first grade teacher at Hanover Academy, Kathy teaches music to preschoolers through the eighth grade. She is a graduate of George Mason University in Fairfax, VA. She and Robert are the parents of two sons: Matthew and his wife Jennifer, and Christopher and grandparents to Peyton Elizabeth. They also have a precious dog named Eli.