The Divorce Recovery Workshop of
Richmond's First Baptist Church
for education, support, and encouragement with opportunities to build new community
and create new and meaningful friendships.
Next workshop begins September 2014.
Watch a brief video
about the Divorce Recovery Workshop...
to download the
How to Help a Friend During Divorce Brochure.
WORKSHOP DETAILS —
When. Eight consecutive Sunday evening sessions, beginning
Who. For anyone experiencing the loss of a relationship through
divorce, separation, or major breakup, with programs for adults, children and
teens (get more info...),
and childcare for younger children.
Where. First Baptist Church, 2709 Monument Avenue, Richmond, VA
23220, in the Dining Hall, Mulberry Street Entrance.
Hosted by. Divorce Recovery Ministry, Richmond's First Baptist
Mission. To extend a hand of care and concern representing the
love of Jesus Christ and His restoring forgiveness.
Vision. To provide a safe place for people suffering the pain of
divorce where they can discover healing and a future with hope.
Focus. Focus on healing from the emotional issues associated with
recovery from divorce and rebuilding after divorce.
- Educate participants in the process of recovery from divorce.
- Make a safe place for participants to share their feelings, issues, and experiences.
- Help participants understand that they are not alone.
- Equip participants with life skills that will allow them to continue to process
their feelings and grow through their crisis.
- Assist participants in finding new community and building new meaningful and
- To provide opportunities to experience fellowship through non-threatening social
What the workshop is.
- A ministry of healing and hope.
- A workshop to help people recover and heal from the devastating pain of divorce
and to rebuild their lives.
- A safe place for participants to express their feelings and to be heard.
- A community of caring people characterized by being nonjudgmental, accepting,
loving, and encouraging.
What the workshop is not.
- A "how to get divorced" workshop.
- A marriage reconciliation workshop.
- Exploitation of vulnerable people in the name of Christ.
- Counseling, group therapy, or advice giving.
Who it is for.
- Any person suffering the pain of the loss of a love relationship through separation,
divorce, or breakup.
Who will come.
- Separated, divorced, breakups
- People who are single parents
- People who are have grown children
- People who have no children
- Teens and children who are struggling (get more
information about the teens program)
- Women (70-80%), Men (20-30%)
- People of all faiths
"For I know the plans I have for you, plans for good and not for disaster,
plans to give you a future and a hope" ... Jeremiah
For additional information contact:
358-5458, ext 134