Introduction to the Workshop
The Divorce Recovery Workshop is one of the focal
programs of the Recovery and Transformational Ministries at First Baptist Church.
Our program was introduced by Ralph Starling, Associate Pastor for Christian Invitation
at Richmond's First Baptist Church, and has grown under his leadership. Ralph was
an forerunner in divorce recovery workshops in the 1980’s during his ministry
in California. He brought his experience and expertise for this program to First
Baptist in 1990. In addition to professional speakers and staff, we are proud to
have over 60 trained and committed volunteers who will be working closely with the
participants. All volunteers are divorced themselves, have been participants in
The Workshop, and have grown and recovered significantly from their own divorce
experience. Their desire is to give back to others the healing and hope they received
from the workshop program.
The Fall Workshop provides opportunities for:
- Education through speakers, Rebuilding textbook, workshop workbook and Workshop
- Healing and Hope through the small group experience of sharing , listening,
caring, reflecting, and processing.
- Community though developing new and meaningful friendships, participating in
safe social opportunities, and connecting with others who are dealing with the same
- Spiritual Nurture through additional optional opportunities such as the Sunday
morning Bible Study, Companions in Christ small groups, Service of Prayer for Healing
and many others.
The Fall Workshop includes:
- Programs for children grades 2-6, Teens grades 7-12, as well as the adult
program, and childcare for younger children.
- The Boundaries video series on Friday nights during the workshop
- A Sunday Morning support group and Bible study.
- A Saturday night workshop social
- A Workshop weekend retreat (additional cost)
- A follow-up four week. Holiday Support group
Take your time to navigate through our web site to learn more about our program.