The Physician Within
“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit?” (1 Corinthians 6:19)
Many people rely on doctors and hospital emergency rooms to deal with routine medical issues which they are often capable of managing or preventing for themselves. This medical series, coordinated by First Baptist member and Richmond Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Terry Whipple, is designed to help people understand common health issues and adjust their lifestyles for a longer, safer, healthier existence.
"The Hospital... Be Prepared" – Wednesday, October 21, 2015
The Physician Within presents a seminar focusing on end-of-life care including advance directives, insurance options, and medical advocates.
- Download PDF of Honoring Choices Virginia presentation—Debbie Griffith, Critical Care RN and Key Coordinator for Honoring Choices Virginia at HCA’s Henrico Doctors’ Hospital; Candace Blades, Clinical Coordinator, Interim Practice Administrator and Honoring Choices site leader for the VCU Center for Advanced Health Management
- Download PDF of Honoring Choices handout
- Download PDF of Medicare 101—Steve Jenkins, Owner of Advanced Benefit Solutions LLC
- Download PDF of Patient Advocates handout—Terry Whipple, MD, Orthopaedic Surgeon and Founder of The Physician Within
Skin: Cancers, Bumps, Tears and Rashes, Wednesday, June 3, 2015
A panel discussion moderated by Dr. Terry Whipple, featuring area dermatologists. Topics: cancer, inflammation, aging skin, skin damage.
- Download PDF of Skin Damage handout: Skin Damage—Terry Whipple, MD, Orthopaedic Surgeon and Founder of The Physician Within
- Download PDF of Skin Inflammation and Skin Cancer handout—Dr. Margaret Terhune, Richmond Dermatology and Laser Specialists and Shelley K. Hoover, MD, PhD
Memory Matters from Tuesday, January 20, 2014
A panel discussion moderated by Dr. Terry Whipple, featuring area neurologists. Topics: How Memory Works, Dementia vs. Forgetfulness, Alzheimer’s Disease, Sleep Schedules, Care for the Caregiver
- Download MP3 of seminar.
Don't Eat That!: Nutrition, Weight Management and Exercise from Saturday, October 26, 2013
Focusing on the food we eat, how it helps and hurts us, with information about specific risk factors and conditions that can result from poor choices.
- Download MP3 of We Are What We Eat: Physical and Emotional Health—Terry Whipple, MD, Orthopaedic Surgeon and Founder of The Physician Within
- Download MP3 of Nutrition, Weight Management and Exercise—Madge E. Zacharias, MD, Nutrition Metabolism Expert
- Download MP3 of Cancer Risks of What Eat, Drink and Inhale—Joshua J. McFarlane, MD, Virginia Cancer Institute
- Download MP3 of Addictive Behaviors: Breaking Bad Habits with Food, Drink and Drugs—Martin N. Buxton, MD, Expert in Addiction Disorders
- Download MP3 of Gastro-intestinal Effects of What We Eat and Drink—Andy J. Thanjan, MD, Gastrointestinal Specialists, Inc.
See other previous seminars on Vimeo.