Help Woman’s Missionary Union support the South Richmond Christmas Store by donating new toys and new clothes (unwrapped with price tags attached) for children 7 - 10 years of age. Please do not purchase toys from the Dollar Tree/Dollar Store. Place your donations in designated boxes at the kiosks by December 3.
Week of Prayer Breakfast: On Saturday morning, December 2 at 10:30 a.m. enjoy a hot breakfast, interesting missionary speakers Carla and Tom Allinder and a time of prayer for missions in Flamming Hall. Tom is now Logistics and Global Properties Leader for the International Mission Board, having served in South and Southeast Asia. Breakfast is $6.00. Call the church office for reservations.
Tuesday, December 5, join Women on Mission in Flamming Hall at 10:30 a.m. Eleanor Witcher, Leader of the International Mission Board Prayer Team, leads a study on Russia. Stay for lunch at noon, $5.00; no reservations required. Men and women are invited.
Wednesday, December 6, at 6:15 p.m. in Flamming Hall hear Dr. Andrea Klimt, professor at Baptist Theological Seminary, Elstal, Germany tell of mission work in Austria and Germany.
Women on Mission
Women on Mission is the adult arm of Woman's Missionary Union (WMU and WMUV), a national organization which also sponsors missions organizations for children. Our focus is to commit to the telling of the gospel story at home and around the world.
"Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." Mark 8:34
Six areas of focus are:
- Praying for missions
- Engaging in mission action and witnessing
- Learning about missions
- Supporting missions (Weeks of Prayer)
- Developing spiritually toward a missions lifestyle
- Participating in the work of our church and denomination
Monthly group meetings
- Mark Cole Prayer Group
- Newell / Bishop Current Missions Group
- WMU Book Group
Our groups are named for missionaries serving in America and around the world. For additional information about any of these group meetings, contact Julia Scott.
Other Monthly Mission Groups
- Jennifer Turner Brown Bag Group - 2nd Friday, Noon-1:00 p.m. in the Adams Room
- Bishop Group - 2nd Wednesday, 5-6:30 p.m., Suite 230-E
- Mary Speidel Group - 2nd Saturday, 1:00 p.m. in homes
- James Group - 3rd Wednesday, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. in Suite 230A
- Crisis Pregnancy Center
- University students, "Back to School" backpacks
- Four seasonal Weeks of Prayer
- Bingo at a nursing home
- Richmond Baptist Centers
For information about these, contact Mary Palmer.