Women on Mission
Women on Mission is the adult arm of Woman's Missionary Union (WMU and WMUV), a national organization which also sponsors missions organizations for children. Our focus is to commit to the telling of the gospel story at home and around the world.
"Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." Mark 8:34
Six areas of focus are:
- Praying for missions
- Engaging in mission action and witnessing
- Learning about missions
- Supporting missions (Weeks of Prayer)
- Developing spiritually toward a missions lifestyle
- Participating in the work of our church and denomination
Monthly group meetings - Women on Mission Day
- 2nd Tuesday
- Suite 280
- 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch ($5.00) following in Flamming (Dining) Hall
Tuesday, September 13 – Women on Mission Day, 10:30 a.m.,
Flamming Hall. Douglas Johnson reports on the Virginia Baptist Medical/Dental Mission Trip to Panama. Stay for lunch at noon ($5.00). No reservation needed.
- Mark Cole Prayer Group
- Newell / Bishop Current Missions Group
- WMU Book Group
Our groups are named for missionaries serving in America and around the world. For additional information about any of these group meetings, contact Toni Myers.
Other Monthly Mission Groups
- Jennifer Turner Brown Bag Group - 2nd Friday, Noon-1:00 p.m. in the Adams Room
- JG Mission Group - 2nd Wednesday, 5:15 p.m. in Flamming (Dining) Hall
- Mary Speidel Group - 2nd Saturday, 1:00 p.m. in homes
- James Group - 3rd Wednesday, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. in Suite 230A
- Crisis Pregnancy Center
- University students, "Back to School" backpacks (see below)
- Four seasonal Weeks of Prayer
- Bingo at a nursing home
- Richmond Baptist Centers
For information about these, contact Mary Palmer.