Joy in the Journey Women’s Get-Away is Friday-Saturday, November 3-4 at Eagle Eyrie Conference Center, Lynchburg, VA.
Join Women on Mission for fellowship, music, worship and breakout conferences with featured speaker Teresa Harmening. $50 cost includes lodging, linens, meals and conference. Van transportation departs at 11:00 a.m. Friday and returns late afternoon Saturday. To register, visit signup tables in the Boulevard hallway on October 11 and 15. The last day to register is Sunday, October 15. Contact Mary Palmer or call 794-2620 for more information.
Help Woman’s Missionary Union support the South Richmond Christmas Store by donating new toys and new clothes (unwrapped with price tags attached) for children 7 - 10 years of age. Please do not purchase toys from the Dollar Tree/Dollar Store. Place your donations in designated boxes at the kiosks by December 3.
Women on Mission
Women on Mission is the adult arm of Woman's Missionary Union (WMU and WMUV), a national organization which also sponsors missions organizations for children. Our focus is to commit to the telling of the gospel story at home and around the world.
"Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." Mark 8:34
Six areas of focus are:
- Praying for missions
- Engaging in mission action and witnessing
- Learning about missions
- Supporting missions (Weeks of Prayer)
- Developing spiritually toward a missions lifestyle
- Participating in the work of our church and denomination
Monthly group meetings
- Mark Cole Prayer Group
- Newell / Bishop Current Missions Group
- WMU Book Group
Our groups are named for missionaries serving in America and around the world. For additional information about any of these group meetings, contact Julia Scott.
Other Monthly Mission Groups
- Jennifer Turner Brown Bag Group - 2nd Friday, Noon-1:00 p.m. in the Adams Room
- Bishop Group - 2nd Wednesday, 5-6:30 p.m., Suite 230-E
- Mary Speidel Group - 2nd Saturday, 1:00 p.m. in homes
- James Group - 3rd Wednesday, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. in Suite 230A
- Crisis Pregnancy Center
- University students, "Back to School" backpacks
- Four seasonal Weeks of Prayer
- Bingo at a nursing home
- Richmond Baptist Centers
For information about these, contact Mary Palmer.