FLO (For Ladies Only)
For Ladies Only (FLO) focuses on fellowship, bible study and special events for women of all ages and at all stages of life. All ladies are welcome.
Who is FLO?
- She is single, married, divorced and widowed.
- She has a career, is a full time homemaker, and is retired.
- She has no kids, grown kids, grandkids, preschoolers, and teenagers.
- She is 25, 91 and every age in between.
- She is a new Christian and has served God for decades.
- She is not perfect, but she eagerly seeks the God who is.
- She is alive and well at FBC and we would love to include you in some or all of our women’s fellowships and Bible studies.
Bible Study Opportunities
Monday Morning Bible Study, 9:30 a.m., Suite 280
Led by Bev Carroll
There is childcare provided for the Monday morning Bible Study. Please register your child by contacting Suzanne Mason. Childcare is $5 per child per session, $8 per family. Money is collected at the end of each month.
January 16, 2017 - Next session is Beth Moore video study, “Entrusted”, a study of 2 Timothy
Learn to Guard What God Has Entrusted to You
We were never meant to take this journey of faith alone or in secret. God has entrusted us with the great and mighty gift of the gospel, something too precious and life-giving to keep to ourselves.
In this 6-session Bible study, Beth will encourage you to guard what God has entrusted to you, further His kingdom by sharing Christ with others, and pour into future generations just as Paul once mentored Timothy. Because in this journey of joy and hardship, we need each other to stay the course and live lives of faithfulness.
WAWA at FLO
Widows and Women (Caregivers) Alone is designed for women who are widowed or are caring for spouses who are terminally/chronically ill. Its purpose is to support and encourage those who are experiencing this “alone” time. Meetings are held once a month, and include luncheons, dinners, major community events, and other activities as they may be of interest to the group.
The monthly meeting includes a brief devotion and prayer time, lunch or dinner, and sharing of interests and fun time. Reservations are requested, and may be directed to Maureen Lipford 270-1264. Your comments and questions are welcome. PLEASE REMEMBER TO MAKE RESERVATIONS!
- Tuesday, January 17, 11:45 a.m. – O’Charleys, West Broad Street at Horsepen Road
- Tuesday, February 21, 11:45 a.m. – Positive Vibe Café, 2825 Hathaway Road
- Tuesday, March 21 11:45 a.m. – O’Toole’s, 4800 Forest Hill Ave.
- Tuesday, April 18, 11:45 a.m. – Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens, 1800 Lakeside Ave..
- Tuesday, May 16, 11:45 a.m. – Brio Tuscan Grille, 9210 Stony Point Parkway
- Tuesday, June 20, 11:45 a.m. – O’Charley’s, West Broad St. at Horsepen Road
If you want to carpool to any of these locations, or have any questions, please let Maureen know when you call or email your reservation. We look forward to lunches and chats.