Becoming a Member
The people of First Baptist Church invite you to commit your life to Christ as his disciple and to join our congregation as a member. We can help you with: Sunday class choices, ministry opportunities, finding a spiritual friend/mentor and conversation with one of our ministers.
If you are interested in formally uniting with First Baptist Church, we receive members:
- upon profession of faith in Christ followed by believer’s baptism;
- by transfer of membership from another Christian church; or
- by statement of previous Christian experience.
The membership process includes:
- requesting membership by coming forward at the conclusion of one of the worship services,
- a conversation with one of our pastors,
- attending our Life Together New Member Orientation Luncheon
- and a vote at one of our regular business meetings.
If you want to further explore church membership, we invite you to speak with one of our ministers.